Absorbent products can help ensure a worry-free, confidence-boosting night's sleep for everyone.
Once you're in the aisle, you'll find an array of products boasting a variety of benefits. They fall into two key groups: absorbent underwear and absorbent mattress pads (bedwetting mats).
Bedwetting underwear shopping tips
Disposable underwear are designed to help ensure dry nights and provide discreet protection with a quiet soft fabric, a comfortable feel, and cool graphics.
What to look for:
- Leak protection – the higher the better. Tip: GoodNites® Underwear are the most absorbent product for boys and girls age 4 and up.
- Comfort. Sizing shouldn't be complicated. GoodNites® Underwear comes in two easy-to-pick clothing sizes.
- Quietness. Opt for underwear that doesn't crinkle or sound like diapers.
- Age-appropriate design. Putting children in diapers or daytime training pants can make them feel like something is wrong with them. Graduate your child to GoodNites® Underwear, which feature suitable graphics, and are also lower cut so they don't peek out of garments.
Bedwetting mats shopping tips
Absorbent mattress overlays like GoodNites® Bed Mats are essential for coping with bedwetting. They're easy to place and remove, they can absorb the same amount of fluid as a large pair of GoodNites® Underwear (size L–XL), and they help to minimize laundry by keeping your child's bedding dry. Consider a mat in addition to bedwetting underwear if your child's accidents tend be larger.
What to look for:
- High absorbency. A mat should absorb as much fluid as a pair of bedwetting underwear (GoodNites® Bed Mats do).
- Breathable, quiet materials. Opt for a mat that is soft and breathable while still providing excellent protection.
- A stay-in-place application that lasts through the night. Mats with non-residue adhesive, like GoodNites® Bed Mats, prevent bunching in the night, but are easy to remove in the morning.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2023. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Choosing-a-Bedwetting-Absorbent-Product-A-Parents-Guide