In a world that is constantly on the go, ordering takeout or eating at a restaurant is a great alternative to getting the nourishment our bodies need. More and more restaurants are slowly becoming aware of the oversized food portions and unhealthy menu items and adjusting what they offer.
Indulging in high-fat foods with gravies and toppings is always a treat. Don't deprive yourself of them. Just be moderate when eating them. There are some healthy food alternatives that you can order when eating food prepared away from home.
- Leafy green salads with broiled, steamed, or boiled meat preparation are always a great healthy alternative.
- Salads that contain fruits not only make the plate more appealing but also help curb the hunger pains.
- Grilled kabobs are great ways to add meat and veggies to your diet.
- Brown rice or beans are not only high in protein, but they are also excellent fillers when it comes to your appetite.
- Meat and veggie wraps are great ways to get whole grains, vegetables, and dairy into your diet.
- Request low-fat dressings. Most restaurants have low-calorie alternatives to fatty toppings.
- Choose baked potatoes as an alternative to deep fried French fries and onion rings.