Many people experience problems with the medications they are taking. These problems can be inconvenient, and may even be dangerous to your health. Find out if you are at risk, and what you can do to avoid medication problems.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you sometimes forget to take your medication?
- Are you unsure about what your medication is for?
- Do you ever run out of medication before you get a chance to get your prescriptions refilled?
- Do you have trouble swallowing tablets?
- Do you find it hard to open your medication container?
- Do you find taking your medication inconvenient?
- Are you unsure about the side effects of your medication and what to do if any occur?
If you answered "yes" to at least one of the questions:
You may be at risk of medication problems. Speak with your pharmacist about the questions that you answered "YES" to. He or she can help identify any other problems that may exist, and suggest ways to deal with them.
If you answered "no" to all of the questions:
You are probably at a low risk for medication problems. However, make sure you mention any questions you may have or symptoms that worry you to your pharmacist. He or she can provide more information and help you deal with any problems that may come up in the future.