The Bedwetting Diagnostic Quiz is an aid to help speed up the process of assessing your child's condition. Before visiting your doctor, take a few moments to print this page and answer the included questions. Take it with you to your child's next appointment.
- Your child's name
- How long have you considered bedwetting a problem (answer in months)
- Does your child have any of the following symptoms:
Frequent trips to the bathroom
Burning feeling on urination
- Have there been other bedwetters in the family? Check all that apply:
- Has your child ever been diagnosed as having a urinary tract infection?
- How many times a week does your child wet the bed?
- How many hours does your child sleep before wetting the bed?
- Does your child wet his or her clothes during the day?
- Do you do any of these things now to help treat the problem?
Wake child up
Other (please specify)
- Is your child ever teased, bullied, or humiliated for being a bedwetter?
Yes No Don't know
- Has your family, or your child, had to miss any of these activities because of bedwetting?
Family vacation trips
- From your child's point of view, please check all the reasons he or she wants to overcome bedwetting. Please circle the most important.
Feel more confident
Share family experiences
Be equal with other children
Go to camp or sleepovers
Be able to share a bed with their siblings