Getting more information sometimes means asking the right questions. Instead of fumbling to remember what questions to ask your doctor during your appointment, try preparing a list of questions to bring to your appointment. It will help save time and ensure that all your questions are answered.
Here are some examples of questions you may want to ask:
- What is my blood pressure reading?
- What is causing my high blood pressure?
- What should my blood pressure be?
- Are there other things that I can do to help keep my blood pressure under control?
- Are there ways to reduce the number of pills that I have to take each day?
- Are there any side effects to my medications I should be watching for or that you will be checking for?
- How frequently should I have my blood pressure checked?
- Are there specific types of activities that I should avoid because I have high blood pressure?
- Will you be testing me for other things in addition to my blood pressure?
- Should I be monitoring my blood pressure at home?